For more than four generations the historic Harris’ Pelham Inn has hosted business functions, wedding receptions, wedding ceremonies, community events and other functions in our waterfront banquet halls. At the turn of the century brothers Harry A. Harris and George G. Harris, great grandfather and great great uncle of the fourth generation now operating the function facilities, purchased 37 acres of farm land from Humphrey O’Leary. The intent was to build a summer resort which was completed the year of the Great San Francisco earthquake, 1906.
Called the Grand View House, the 38 bedroom resort had conveniences such as chambermaids, bell hops, and horse and surrey transportation to and from the electric car line, one mile away. Telephone was connected in 1909 and room rates, called terms, were $7 to $10 per person, per week, which included three meals a day. A riding stable with instructors was available. In 1918 the resort name changed to Harris’ Pelham Inn.
While we no longer offer guest rooms, one thing hasn’t changed-as a fourth generation family enterprise, we still offer home cooking, excellent quality and service for all functions.